A balanced diet and regular exercise are essential to stay healthy and maintain your body in good shape! A good exercise routine offered by a Dubbo gym includes proper pre-workout and post-workout programs to get the exact results you need. Allowing your body to recover from a hard workout is essential to prepare for the next exercise session. Always remember that the end of a workout session is the beginning of the next, and you must be fully prepared to achieve the best results.
Did you know not getting adequate sleep after a hard workout session will keep you groggy the next day and affects your efforts in the Dubbo gym? A few hours of sleep can do wonders for your body and helps your muscles to recover fast and prepare you for the next session.
According to recent research data, the following are the effects of sleep deprivation,
- Slow muscle recovery
- Mood swings
- Increased stress hormone levels
- Decreased happy hormones
- Decrease glycogen synthesis
- Increased aerobic endurance and more.
Exercise and sleep are related to each other. Getting regular exercise improves the quality of your sleep while getting adequate sleep helps in the quick recovery of your muscles after a workout. Depending on the intensity and frequency of your exercise, your sleep time varies.
How to Improve Your Sleep Performance?
- Incorporate a sleep schedule into your training schedule and prioritise it.
- If you are an athlete or a sportsperson, increase your sleep time several weeks before the competition.
- Keep a fixed time to go to bed and wake up every day.
- If you don’t get enough sleep at night time, take day naps whenever possible.
Benefits of Sleep for Exercise Recovery
- During stage 3 of non-rapid eye movement (NREM) or dreamless sleep, growth hormone is generated, which repairs the damaged tissues, and helps them regenerate and grow.
- When you are sleeping, your brain removes unwanted metabolic waste, enhances blood flow to cells, and circulates oxygen for optimal cognitive performance.
- Getting adequate sleep reduces metabolic overload and promotes optimal function of the immune system. This reduces the risk of becoming sick and allows you to optimise performance and be more productive.
- Planning workouts based on your sleep pattern will ensure optimal performance during Dubbo gym classes. For instance, you can schedule high-intensity exercises on days when you can get enough night’s sleep and low-intensity exercises on days when there will be a change in your normal night routine.
Too much exercising and too little sleeping can result in overtraining your muscles, which prevents you from reaching your fitness goals. In some cases, it could also lead to muscle injury. So, get adequate sleep if you want to grow or lean out. Contact us now to find out our Dubbo gym prices.